Monday 30 December 2013

Lucky number 13

Hey readers, how are you all? It’s been a while hasn’t it? I feel I should provide you with an update since my last blog in the summer………

Well, I am still with Mr Slow Burner and not only that, we are in love AND now live together. I know. I. KNOW. Me?! I am still pinching myself, believe me.

I am so glad I gave him a chance, as he is the best thing to have ever happened to me, O aside and I feel, as cheesy as it sounds, that I have been waiting for him. We have a mutual love of performing and the arts, which is how we met, so I feel this only helps to strengthen the bond between us.

Don’t get me wrong, it hasn’t all been plain sailing. Moving in together was hard, but only because we are adjusting to life as a little family. O has been testing, but has taken to him more than I could ever have hoped, which of course, is a huge relief.  

We have just spent our first Christmas together, which was pretty perfect. Mr SB and I had Christmas Day together which was so chilled and I feel, brought us even closer together. For someone who didn't like Christmas, I think I might have shown him the magic. And no, that is not a euphemism. 

Boxing Day, he had to endure doing the rounds of my family with O and he slotted right in. He isn't loud and opinionated like The Eel and he seems to have charmed my mother completely, so huge brownie points there! We followed this with our fake Christmas Day, just the three of us, and as we all snuggled up on the sofa, I realised just how lucky the number 13 can be.  

2013 you rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment